Tomorrow is D-date! I had a feeling this baby wouldn’t be early (Ellie was 4 days late) but I probably could have packed my hospital bag a little sooner than the day before. Since everything has been gathered, I thought I’d share a run down of what I’m bringing this time. It’s a lot LESS than I packed last time – and I probably still won’t use it all.
- Diaper Bag (that wears like a backpack too)
- Nontoxic toiletries: If I shower, I will use gentle dr bronners since I plan to be skin to skin with baby often
- Essential oils, for labor, baby and recovery
- Organic, high protein, healthy snacks
- Going home outfit for baby (and a cute hat of course)
- Swaddle blanket
- A pretty robe – let’s see if I take a shower this time 😉
- Birth plan. A copy for the nurses and Doctor and a version for Chris with some more specific notes.
- Affirmations to read during labor: “ My courage and patience will send my baby into my arms”
- A gift from Baby Sister to Ellie: A book, a “Big Sister” shirt (that matches the “Little Sister” onesie she is giving baby), and a couple Frozen-themed games…oh and an (organic) lollipop
- Going home clothes. A maxi skirt, top and vest to to cover up.
- A cooler for the placenta (I’m having it encapsulated..more on that later)
- My comfy temperpedic pillow (hubby brings his as well)
- Bluetooth Speaker for playing music – my husband is in charge of this part of the “experience” … Last time he included songs like “Push it” by Salt n’ Pepa 😉
- A cooler with more refrigerated snacks. I’m a much more particular eater this time around (gluten free, low dairy, organic…) so I need to have my own version of comfort food available.
- My DSLR camera
Things I packed last time and didn’t use:
- Any toiletries other than my toothbrush. I didn’t shower, didn’t reaply makeup, barely moved from bed actually.
- A robe and pajamas… I didn’t shower or get out of my hospital robe until we left
- Baby diapers, wipes – we used the hospitals
- Pads – I had them in various sizes and none were large or heavy duty enough. I used the hospital provided ones and they sent me home with a bunch too
What am I missing? What did you pack in your bag the first (or second) time around?