Monthly Baby Photos: 10 creative ways to document your baby’s first twelve months
FACT: Your newborn baby will grow and change more in their first year of life than any other time.
It’s not as if we needed a fact to give us a reason for documenting our amazing and fast-developing babies. But it’s true – and it’s why the monthly baby photos are so popular and fun. It’s incredible to be able to see how much a baby physically changes in their first year by looking at side-by-side progression photos.
The key to a good monthly photo series is keeping the setting consistent each month, whether it be a chair or a background, even accessories. That way you can really see the baby’s growth.
Below are some create ways to document your baby’s first twelve months. Click the photos to be taken to the original source.
1. This Mama marked each month of her little boy’s first year with a mini cake bought at local supermarket for $7! I can’t think of a better reason to eat cake every month!
2. I’ve never seen chalkboard drawings as elaborate and creative as this – and lucky little Blake got one each month!
3. A plain white onesie and a simple printed number against the gorgeous handmade quilts make baby the star!
4. It’s all about the surrounding accessories! Playful and colorful pillows and a gold fringe number pop against a neutral chair. So creative and fun.
5. We designed a new chalkboard block number and pattern for each month and kept everything else simple.
6. Keep track of your future star’s months by spelling them out on a mini marquee sign!
7. An oversized pillow gives awesome perspective of baby’s physical growth. The adorable hair accessories and cute montage presentation make it that much better!
8. Simple and stunning. The number of the month written out in pretty, clean flowers – works really well with little ladies I must say!
9. Highlight the month’s milestones with simple and clever text added in photoshop (or other editing programs) – this way it’s recorded forever!
10. Using a new fabric background each month, even as he sits up, gives a clean, cohesive and colorful look!
I have even more ideas saved on my Pinterest page – visit for even more inspiration!
Let me know what you think about these ideas – and what you can add to the list! 🙂