Hi Oils, nice to meet you.
It was October 2013; Ellie was weeks old and suffering from very uncomfortable digestive issues (we had recently spent the night in the ER after she choked and stopped breathing). I was desperate to try anything that might help. I had changed my diet, we had installed wedges every where she may lay down, we tried everything, even though some things made me uncomfortable to give her at such a young age.
I had never heard of essential oils before. But I saw a friend of a friend post something on Facebook about how they were helping HER baby with tummy issues. It didn’t take much to stir my curiosity – again, I was desperate!
The first oils I bought were a Digestive Blend and Lavender, both were therapeutic grade and certified for their purity, along with some fractionated coconut oil and some roller bottles. I started rubbing the oil blend on Ellie’s feet and tummy every chance I got. I pretty quickly got in the habit of bringing that roller bottle everyone we went. Relief for baby, Mommy and Daddy – yes please!
What is an Essential Oil, anyways?
An essential oil is the aromatic liquid found in the seeds, bark, roots, fruits, flowers, and other parts of plants. The plant creates them to protect itself from disease and maintain its health – and we are lucky enough to be able to share in those benefits. Essential Oils were humankind’s first medicine and for thousand of years have helped enhance physical, mental and emotional health.
They’re powerful little guys:
- They are lipid soluable and penetrate cell walls. They can affect every cell in the body within 20 minutes of application
- Some EO’s have been scientifically proven to break the brain-blood barrier
- They contain oxygen molecules which help take them to the starving human cells
- They are anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-infectious, anti-cancerous, anti-tumoral, anti-parasitic, anti-viral, and antiseptic
- EO’s are very powerful antioxidants and antioxidants work to minimize the damage caused to your cells from free radicals that lead to unwanted health concerns
If you are interested in learning more about essential oils and incorporating them into your live, please Contact me and I can answer any of your questions! I would love to share more with you.
I am not a doctor and the statements on this blog have not been evaluated by the FDA. Any products mentioned are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.